Glenbard Township High School District 87
Administrative Procedure – Audit Course
A. Students may audit courses provided that:
1. There is sufficient room in that particular course for the student.
2. Counselor’s and Department Chair’s permission, in consultation with the teacher, is secured.
3. That the course is an addition to the minimum course load.
B. Application to audit a course is encouraged during the normal course registration period.
However, permission to audit a course may be withheld until all credit students have been placed.
C. A student may change a course being carried for credit to an audit provided that:
1. The course is in addition to the minimum course load.
2. The change occurs prior to the 12th week of the semester.
3. The student is currently passing the course.
4. The student agrees to complete all assignments, examinations, and projects (as designated by
the teacher) at a passing level. If the student does not comply, the student will be withdrawn
from the course with the notation “Withdrawn-Failing”.
D. No graduation credit is earned for audited courses.
A review course is one that a student has taken previously and for which he/she has received credit.
Generally, a student is attempting to improve the grade by retaking the course. When a student
completes any review course, he/she does not receive credit even if the course is taken on a different
level. However, the higher grade is used in computing the students GPA, and both courses will appear
on the student’s transcript. In terms of athletic eligibility, a review course may not be counted either
as one of the four majors which the student needs to pass during the athletic season or as one of the
four courses which a student must pass during the semester prior to the athletic season.
DATED: March 1999
REVISED: September 13, 2004
REVIEWED: January 17, 2006
REVIEWED: January 12, 2009
REVISED: January 26, 2009