Glenbard Township High School District 87
The Superintendent is the District’s chief spokesperson and shall plan, implement and evaluate a
comprehensive public relations program which will:
1. stress two-way communication with the District and its various publics;
2. provide opportunities for the public input at Board of Education and Committee of the Whole
meetings, and through membership in school and District committees;
3. provide information about the District through publications, news releases, presentations, and
other methods appropriate to internal and external audiences;
4. solicit public opinion as part of the decision-making process; and
5. seek and maintain viable relationships with school, student, and community organizations.
The public relations program should include:
1. regular news releases concerning District programs, policies, and activities, which will be
sent to the news media;
2. news conferences and interviews as requested or needed; and
3. other programs which highlight the District’s programs and activities.
LEGAL REF.: 23 Ill. Admin. Code § 1.210.
ADOPTED: December 8, 1997
REVIEWED: March 13, 2006