Glenbard Township High School District 87
Administrative Procedure – Community Use of School Facilities
1. School-affiliated organizations, school-sponsored programs, and organizations whose
primary purpose is to provide financial assistance to the school are all considered, for the
purpose of these Procedures, to be school-related.
2. All non-school related groups must complete an application, stating fully:
3. All non-school related groups must:• indemnify and hold harmless the District and its agents and
employees for and from any and all loss including attorneys' fees, damages, expense, and liability
arising out of its use of school property.
school property whether such damage was accidental or deliberate. The cost of damages
will be based on the repair or replacement cost, the choice of which is at the Board's
against personal injury and/or property loss.
4. All groups must supply adequate supervision to ensure proper care and use of school
5. Only the cafeteria, auditorium, gymnasium, and athletic field, along with needed hallways,
designated classrooms, and parking areas are available for community use.
6. No furniture or equipment may be moved without prior approval from the Principal or
7. Signs, displays, or materials may not be attached, nailed, or otherwise affixed to school
facilities or on school property.
8. All groups must agree to follow the District’s procedures for responding to medical
emergencies, including calling 9-1-1 whenever a person suffers any sudden, serious and
unexpected injury that would lead a reasonable person, possessing an average knowledge of
medicine and health, to believe that the injured person requires urgent medical care. 9-1-1
shall also be called whenever one of the District’s Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
DATED: March 1999
REVIEWED: March 13, 2006