Glenbard Township High School District 87
Administrative Procedure – Use of the Check Signing Machine
1. Bookkeepers will produce a list of checks to be run for the day.
2. Both administrators in charge of signing checks must sign the check listing and return the listing to the bookkeepers.
3. In accordance with generally accepted accounting principles a designated person - Cannot be the bookkeeper, but preferably the Principal’s or the APO’s secretary - will add the signatures to the checks with the machine.
4. The signed checks will then be returned to the bookkeeper(s) to be mailed out.
5. Once a month the bookkeeper(s) will send the listing of the checks to the District Office.
DATED: March 1999
REVIEWED: March 13, 2006