Glenbard Township High School District 87
The Superintendent or designee shall manage the maintenance of personnel records in accordance with State and federal law and School Board policy. Records, as determined by the Superintendent, are retained for all employment applicants, employees, and former employees given the need for the District to document employment-related decisions, evaluate program and staff effectiveness, and comply with government record-keeping and reporting requirements. Personnel records shall be maintained in the district's administrative office, under the Superintendent's direct supervision.
An employee is granted access to his or her personnel records according to provisions in the Personnel Record Review Act, 820 ILCS 40/ and any relevant provision in an applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the “Glenbard Township High School District 87 Contract Between the Board of Education, District 87 and: Building Service Employees’ Union Local 73; American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Local 1970; or Glenbard Education Association.”
Access to personnel records is available as follows:
1. An employee will be given access to his or her personnel records according to State law and guidelines developed by the
2. An employee's supervisor or other management employee who has an employment or business-related reason to inspect
the record is authorized to have access.
3. Anyone having the respective employee's written consent may have access.
4. Access will be granted to anyone authorized by State or federal law to have access.
5. All other requests for access to personnel information are governed by Board policy 2:250 Access to District Public Records.
The Superintendent or designee shall manage a process for responding to inquiries by a prospective employer concerning a current or former employee's job performance. The Superintendent shall execute the requirements in the Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act whenever another school district asks for a reference concerning an applicant who is or was a District employee and was the subject of a report made by a District employee to DCFS.
LEGAL REF.: 745 ILCS 46/10.
820 ILCS 40/.
23 Ill. Admin. Code § 1.660.
CROSS REF.: 2:250 (Access to District Public Records), 7:340 (Student Records)
ADOPTED: December 8, 1997
REVIEWED: April 17, 2006
REVISED: November 13, 2006
REVIEWED: November 10, 2008
REVISED: January 12, 2008
REVIEWED: June 13, 2011
REVISED: August 22, 2011